Thursday, July 11, 2013

Whimsy Inspiration - Bicycle :0) My HS BFF Deana -

Howdy -

This weeks Whimsy Inspiration card was just too fun for me. You see as soon as I saw the Whimsy Image "Bicycle" by LiaStampz in the release for July I knew I had to make a card for my High School BFF Deana. You see Deana has taken up her Hubby's hobby of biking. And not pleasant rides around the block... no LONG "rides" Like 15 - 20 miles!!! In TEXAS!! IT IS HOT HERE NOW! Well I thought I would make her a card for a congrats for doing so well at her new hobby and this image was perfect!!

Bicycle - LiaStampz


Sweet image isn't it. I colored with my Copics (colors below) and matched it all up with papers from Simples Stories called Vintage Bliss. I sewed all my layers down, and then made up some flowers with a Martha Punch, and leaves from Marvy. I used Core-dinations for them and sanded all the flowers and the leaves. Love how that comes out. I dotted the flowers with Viva Decor Pearl Pen. My sentiment is also from Whimsy. "Ticket Notes" is a favorite.

Inside is more of the same papers as the front.


Now I guess here I should come clean huh? Sounds like I am just so sweet sending her the card for no reason at all huh? Inside I wrote basically... that this is how I think of her in my own mental image of her and her new hobby.... Spandex scares me!

LOL HEY she is my HIGH SCHOOL BFF.... WE have really done pretty much it all - I still shake my head when I think of how many quarters we "wasted" playing Astroid. And I will never ever tell anyone exactly how fast we were going when we launched her little car while hurrying to make it on time to "her then" boyfriend "now husband's" Soccer Game. :o)   Those were some great days huh? 

Here are my Copic colors - 



So hope you liked my card - she seemed to get a LOL out of it.

REALLY I AM SUPER PROUD of you Deana!!! Sure as Hell know you will NEVER find me in Spandex on a bike doing 15 - 20  miles!!!  Getting on the Spandex alone would make me pass out... Then once I saw myself I could never ever ever go out the door!!! Much less get my big rear end on a bike! I get hurt walking for pete's sake! LOL

Have a great day!! HUGS and

3 comments:

Peggy S from OH said...

Card is "adorable" and it sounds like a terrific friendship. What a blessing you are!

Deana said...

Your the best! Loved the card and Matthew had to actually walk away from his video game to see what I was laughing hysterically at. And if Dad knew some of the things we had done to that car trying to get to George's soccer games, we would have been on foot.

Carol Dee said...

sweet card. LOVE the papers and adorable image.