Tuesday, June 4, 2013

High Hopes - Thank You or Ewe?

Howdy -

I had way too much fun working on this weeks High Hopes Challenge Card this week. Why? I don't have a clue, other than it just made me smile and I pulled out some old favorite products, a new one that I think I need a whole lot more of!

The challenge this week? Is to create a Thank You card - Mine is more Thank Ewe...

So what do you think? Went just a bit crazy huh? But cute? Now the sheep was the starting point. Adorable right? High Hopes Lg. Fluffy Ewenice One of my early High Hopes images. I just fell totally in love with that sweet little face and that heart shaped nose.

I stamped her on light grey card stock. Reason? Well I wanted to make sure that when I did her wool coat it would really pop in white. So I stamped on a light grey. Colored with Copics, including the back ground. I colored over the grey to with BG10 to make it cheerier and not so... well grey! LOL Cut her out with a circle Nestie. I then colored her wool with my Marvy Snow Marker. A favorite forever! I set it aside to dry while I went to work on the card.

New papers for me! And oh my I need more already. Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection. I purchased a few of these paper pads to put into my eBay store. I bought one for myself, and I am finding it really difficult to not go in and purchase the remaining one from myself! LOL Have you seen this new collection. Totally in Love! Anyway enough about the paper... I used a white card stock base, stacked up two of the pattern papers on a dark pink card stock mat. Sewed them all together. Cut out a larger Nestie Circle for a mat for Ewenice. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to use for embellishments - Then I found another item that I just put into my store - The Magnolia Floral Swirls Corner. So I cut out in green, then again in the same dark pink. Cut out the flowers and glued together. Attached to two of the corners - Having fun here!!

My sentiment is a Papertrey Ink Alphabet die - I cut out all the letters to spell out "Thank Ewe" in white and attached. I then went back to Ewenice. Now in order for the Marvy Snow Marker to do its magic it has to be completely dry... then you use your heat gun over it and watch it poof up! As it did I was happy with the results. But then after I attached it down to the card I wanted more... so I pulled out a Viva Decor Pearl White Paper Pen and added some sparkle to the fluff. Now we are really happy! She needed some Viva Decor Rose Paper Pen on her bow so it would pop too. I really wish you could see this in person, you just can't see the depth in the photo. I dotted around the circle mat with the Pearl White, and then dotted the centers of the flowers.

Close up of Ewenice -



Inside of the card is left over papers and a Nestie scalloped circle that I had sitting on my desk - Never waste!

The Copic Colors I used -


I really have no clue why I had so much fun making this one... The one thing I will say is that I worked during the day this weekend, while calm and watching a movie. With no time limits and nothing hanging over my head that I really should be doing. OH there were things that I should have been doing, but nothing that was stressing me. LOL It has been a while since I really spent an afternoon playing like that. Told Hubby I will have to do more regularly like I use to.

SO now you need to click on over to High Hopes Challenge and see all the DT's Thank You cards - Then really join us!! You could be the one that wins more High Hopes!

Hope you are having a good week. Things are calmer than normal around here - and there are no complaints from me. Hope the rest of the week stays the same!

Have a Wonderfully Blessed Day
Hugs and -

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Eunice is so cute! Love the floral paper you used. Have a relaxing week, ;)

Sheri said...

Too cute!

Sandy said...

This is so cute and I love your little lamb!!
sandy