Tuesday, September 4, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Your 1st High Hopes Stamp

Hey there! Wow, I have done a lot of post in a row haven't I? :0)  Was one of those weeks were everything came at once. And today.. High Hopes Stamps Challenge. And it is a FUN and easy one this week. The only challenge is we want to see your project use your first High Hopes Stamp.

For me that gave me a few to choose from because my first order years ago... well lets just say I ordered a "few"... but to be totally honest it was one image that sent me to High Hopes, and then I just fell head over heals in love with the style and images they have.

Now I don't want to shock you here... but here is my first HH image -


Brayden's Backside - Totally love him! From the first second I saw him - I had to have him. You knew that right? Well I got him, and then the other donkey stamp Brayden that is more of a front view and a little smaller. But just as cute. So I pulled out Brayden's Backside and colored with my Copics (colors below) He is pretty fast to color up, I added some fresh green grass to enjoy and a pretty blue sky. I then cut out his ears and then used a circle Nestie to die cut. Love those long ears standing proud above the circle. I didn't want to mat with the next size circle as it was just too much, so I just used one of the grey Copics and went around the edge. Not perfect, but it works.

Then for my card -

Went a little pretty/shabby chic with it. Not the normal for a donkey card, but my donkeys usually are a bit different from most. I used three pattern papers from Prima's Tea Time collection. Oh so in love with these papers! I sewed down with zig zag and straight stitches and centered Brayden. I found a piece of seam binding and it was a little tan for my card, so I colored it with a pinky peach Copic. It really matches well in person... wonder why it looks off here? Anyway went around the card, and added a little bow. Then I die cut two Madre Corners from Memory Box, one in cream and one in a dark green. I shadowed them in one corner and then added a whole bunch of mulberry roses. They were too light pink, so I touched them up with a dark pink marker. Gives the a little more of the look like the roses in the pattern paper I think. The sentiment is also from High Hopes - "I've been a little behind"  So made for Brayden! To finish off the front I used Viva Decor Pearl Pens and added some corner pearls.

The inside is simply two pattern papers from the Prima collection.

And here are the Copics -


Now common... I know you have a High Hopes stamp... don't you? Dig it out, and have some fun and join us at the High Hopes Challenge!! You could win yourself more High Hopes :0)

Now lets see.. what is on schedule for today??? Well Hubby is going to pick up a something we have wanted for a long time, we finally found it out there and the stars lined up and we will own it really soon! I can't wait!!! Really is going to be fun to own, and spend time together. Once it is here and ready for viewing I'll share photos. Hubby is so excited he is just about to jump out of his skin.

And me.. well I have a ton to do while home today. I think my main job... I am going to open up a eBay store. I have been selling with auctions there for awhile - and I think I am going to open up a store and load in a ton of stuff I want to get moving on to new owners. Most of it is vintage/antiques that I have had for years, and changed my styles and space is limited. But I think I am going to clean out some crafting things as well.  OH.. and I will be adding something that I ran across while junking... wasn't as cheap as I like to buy things, but I had to get it and offer it up in my store once I have it open. What you ask? Well those that have loved my vintage pharmacy cabinet for my ribbon storage... I found another one out there and I will shout out as soon as I put it up for sale in the store.... couldn't believe it when I saw it!

Ok.. off to get the day going, clean items, photograph them, then set up the site.....
HUGS and

2 comments:

Cards By MI said...

What a lovely looking card. Love the cartoonish look of the image and the classy designer papers.
Love n hugs
Marie

Carol Dee said...

Brayden is Perfect, so YOU!!!! I think ,uy 1st High Hopes stamp was a goldfish! They sure have cute stuff. ;) So I am off to visitt he challenge. Have a fun week, hugs...